Monday, July 18, 2011

hakuna matata

it means no worries for the rest of your days
it's our problem-free philosophy 

I am a very shy person. If I am ever around anyone I don't know I hardly speak at all. Some may have assumed me to be a mute. Not really, although that would be pretty cool come to think of it. As I was sitting on my bed pondering today I realized that I have wasted quite a large amount of my life with this whole being shy nonsense. That is all it is, complete and utter nonsense. I have missed many an opportunity to make friends because I was too scared to talk to someone. I have also heard many times that people assume me to be stuck-up or a snob because I never talk to them. I guess they believe that I find myself to be "too cool" for them. That is so far off from the truth. I honestly just wouldn't know how to even start a conversation.

This earlier mentioned pondering led me to a brilliant conclusion: I need to take a stand. I am done being the shy girl sitting in the corner. I am going to be out going. I am going to branch out, make friends, and have more fun. This summer my friends and I have been doing some pretty unusual activities. Some of which have forced me to be more forward with strangers or people I am less acquainted with. It has been some of the best times ever.

I am done letting my life pass me by while I watch sullenly from the sidelines. I am going to take life head on. And have a freaking awesome time with it. Life is flying by so quickly. I can't let it go without making sure I am doing my best to enjoy every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment