Monday, May 30, 2011

nostalgic

Along with the excitement of being eighteen and graduating from High School comes some nostalgia for the old days.
i miss...
playing at the park for ages and crying when it was time to go home
sleeping on the tramp
kickball
night games
playing house
birthday parties
saturday morning cartoons
happy meals
asking my parents permission before i could eat anything
having a bunkbed
playing dress-up
dancing
gymnastics
loosing teeth
being lifted up in a blanket and swung around
riding bikes
being pushed on a swing
recess
playing with dolls
taking a bath everyday
my mom doing my hair
being so proud of playing "peter peter pumpkin eater" on the piano
putting on talent shows for my family
playing school and being the teacher with my cousins
laughing when adults did although i had no idea what was so funny
pretending to be sick 
being sung to sleep
pizza being my favorite food in the world
disney movies
having "late nights" with my friends
monkey bars
make believe
being young


i miss this:






oh to be young again.



No comments:

Post a Comment