Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I have never been so nervous as I was opening my mission call.
Sitting on that chair with everyone I love watching me, waiting to see what was in store for the next year and a half of my life.
Grammy said the prayer and my arms and legs went numb. Numb. That's never happened before.
I opened the letter and stumbled all over the words but finally I was able to say: "CHILE".
I am going to Chile! Vina del Mar.
Spanish speaking, of course.
I leave February 27, 2013.

This mission completely took me off guard. I was CERTAIN that I was staying in the states and either going on a signing mission or an English one. For some reason I kept thinking Kentucky.I even told Quincie that it was pointless for everyone to guess out of the country because there was no way that was happening.

I could not be more happy about Chile though. I know that is exactly where Heavenly Father needs me to best bless his beloved children. I am terrified though. Learning Spanish was definitely not something I was expecting. I am majoring in sign language so I thought most definitely it would be that or English. The Lord knows what he's doing though. Plus I'll be trilingual when I get back and there's nothing wrong with that!

Now that the call has set in it seems that Chile is perfect for me. I have been asked so many times if I am from Mexico or South America and many people have assumed that I speak Spanish. I will fit in perfectly. Also the Chileans are a very short people so I won't be a shorty anymore! Yay! Vina del Mar is the biggest resort town in Chile and has a perfect climate and is so beautiful. I feel so blessed to be going there.

The one sad part about opening my mission call was that Joshua couldn't be there. I sent him the video of me opening it though and he couldn't be more happy for me! He even sent me this picture:

Haha what a cutie.
 
In the spirit of Thanksgiving:
 
I am so grateful that I was born into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that I belong to the true church and I know that this church is what brings the happiness I have in my life. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father allowing me to come to this earth and for sending his beloved son Jesus Christ to come die for me and atone for my sins. I wouldn't be any where without the blessing of the atonement and forgiveness in my life and I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice of my brother that is allowing me to serve a mission today. I am honored that I am able to serve the Lord and the people of Chile. I love them all already and am so thankful that I will be able to spend the next year and a half with them. I love my family and I am so grateful that I got to spend this Thanksgiving with my dad and Starla. I am so thankful for all of my friends and everyone in my life. I wouldn't be anywhere without all of the amazing wonderful influences in my life. I AM SO BLESSED.
 
I can't wait for the people in Chile who accept this gospel to be as happy as I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment