Sunday, October 7, 2012

GUYS, I'm going on mission.
 
I recieved my patriarchal blessing in May and it told me I would serve a mission (either a lifetime calling or a full-time mission), the last thing in the world I wanted to do was serve a full-time mission. I didn't want to leave my life behind. I didn't want to be almost 23 when I got back. I didn't want to get my life started so late. I convinced myself that a lifetime mission it was.
 
Then last week my mom told me that she had an impression that I would go on a mission. I prayed about it and it was confirmed that I would go. I cried. I said I would go if I was supposed to but I would rather die. (Don't worry I wouldn't really rather die).We were so confused as to why these impressions were coming now when I wouldn't be leaving for another two years. I began to pray for the desire to go so when the time came I wouldn't have these same feelings.
 
Saturday morning I heard the beloved prophets announcement. I cried. This time with happiness because of the strong spirit I felt. I knew this was it. I could go on a mission NOW. I could be back when I was 21, not leaving. This changed everything. My fears were all washed away. Immediately I decided I would start my papers and prepare to serve the lord.
 
Before I had dreaded the mission and now I am so ecstatic. Honestly I listened to very little of the rest of the first session. I was jumping up and down and crying and smiling and repeating: "I am going on a mission!!" Mitchell told me I was being annoying. So what.
 
I am so happy that Heavenly Father has given me the desire to go. I am so anxious for the opportunity to serve the lord and bring people to this great church. The church is true! I know it.
 
I have a meeting with my bishop on Thursday to start my papers. It's all so real. What am I going to do with my car? With my clothes? With my housing contract? With my school plans? Ah. It will all work out. I know it will.


No comments:

Post a Comment