Monday, September 5, 2011

case closed

I am such an awful person. Seriously, I suck.

I am a judger.

I see someone and I immediately judge their appearance. I am pretty brutal about it too. I never say what I think aloud but I know it is still just as bad. If I'm around them long enough to hear them talk I feel like I have them completely figured out after I hear about a sentence.

This is a really terrible habit and I need to stop it.
I have absolutely no right to criticize someone based on what they look like.
Or how or what they talk about.
Everyone has a story and I have no idea what it is.


I often wonder what people think of me when they see me or listen to me talk. Probably some pretty bad stuff I wouldn't even want to know. Although with that said, I wish I had the power to know what everyone around me was thinking. That would be rad.














Let's all just love each other. Sounds good to me.




1 comment:

  1. this is hard. I think we all do it to some degree, especially girls/women. You are so right though, everyone has a story. Everyone is fighting some battle in their lives. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. We are so much more than our appearances. People radiate light and the spirit, look for those people... try to look for that. Surround yourself with people who smile and make you happy. Judging and comparing makes us weak and self conscious and we begin to paralyze ourselves thinking that everyone is doing the same to us.

    love you Meg. I wish I lived closer. I would have you over for a girl's night or take you out to lunch!

    ReplyDelete