Friday, July 1, 2011

happily ever after

I have my whole life planned out for me. Move out, go to UVU, become a dental hygienist, get married, have a family, live happily ever after. Blah blah blah. Sometimes that life sounds like a great one and I can't wait for it to come. Recently though I have been taking a second look at "my future". Don't get me wrong, it would be a great life, but where is the excitement?

It feels wrong to have your life planned out. Life will never turn out exactly how you want it to. So why dream up your perfect future and be disappointed when it isn't the fairytale you imagined it to be? Everyone has a tough life in some way or another. "No one said it would be easy, they only said it would be worth it". Cliche, but true. I say, live your life. Do what makes you happy. The perfect life will find you. As it says in Dan in Real Life: "instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised".














All of this aside, I do plan on a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment