Sunday, June 19, 2011

i find it kind of sad

smiling faces i can see
but not for me
i sit and watch as tears go by




there's a bear inside your stomach
the cub's been kicking you for weeks
and if this isn't all a dream
well then we'll cut him from beneath




singing, this will be the day that i die
this will be the day that i die




and if you come when all the flowers are dying
and i am dead, as dead i well may be
you'll come and find the place where i am lying
and kneel and say an ave there for me




it's not a cry you can hear at night
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah




what have a become, my sweetest friend
everyone i know goes away in the end
and you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt




will you say to me when i'm gone
your face has faded but lingers on
cause light strikes a deal with each coming night




cause you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable
and life's like an hourglass glued to the table
no one can find the rewind button, girl
so cradle your head in your hands




 where are we
what the hell is going on
the dust has only just begun to form




hold my head inside your hands
i need someone who understands
i need someone, someone who hears
for you i've waited all these years




if i die young, bury me in satin
lay me down on a bed of roses
sink me in the river at dawn
send me away with the words of a love song



and i find it kind of funny
i find it kind of sad
the dreams in which i'm dying
are the best i've ever had




sad music. 
i love being able to feel the emotion conveyed through a song. 
i enjoy being sad over a sorrow that isn't my own. 
to forget my worries by focusing on some else's

No comments:

Post a Comment